Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Summer Time!

Well hello everyone! It's been a rough month but I did make it out to shoot the Antelope Slot Canyon up in the Page, AZ area (below). Other than that busy busy working away, keeping the homestead up, and keeping my sanity alive and well! :) I will be taking a trip home to NY at the end of June/beginning of July so expect to see new stuff after that as well. I have some places in mind to go shoot...should be great!




ALSO I am working on a commission for a painting I've got going. It's for friends/family who have moved into a lovely new home with a rather giant wall in their living area. I am super excited about it and cannot wait to see it displayed in their home! I was having an off day on Sunday and decided to paint to try and get myself out of the funk. It worked, however, I had the largest case of painters block that I have ever had and the outcome of my therapy session was, as I said to a friend, that it was so hideous I hated it and was really discouraged by it.
BUT I bounced back the other day when inspiration took hold of me and I sketched over an image of the hideous work I had done and whaaalaaa...

sketch
This is an unfinished image of what I had done...so some slight modifications have been made but you get the idea. Notice the piece is made up of 5 different canvases which in total will be over 6 foot long by 3 feet high! My largest piece ever! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment